Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Trusting the Providential Hand


Where do the northern birds find food and shelter in this frozen landscape?
How do those tiny bodies stay warm?
How do they know to be efficient or persistent foragers or whether they are wasting time in their pursuits?

"For this reason I say to you, do not be anxious for your life, as to what you shall eat, or what you shall drink; nor for your body as to what you shall put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?
"Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?" Matthew 6:25-26


Obviously we have responsibilities to attend to, and it is resourceful to plan and provide for the upcoming days we may be given. However, first of all, I need to remember to check my plans, intentions and methods with GOD's will and purpose and then rest in His Providence! Secondly, I need to remember to look beyond my life and body and see things from GOD's perspective. For me, that means to see others as more important than myself, to give graciously, to love with selfless GOD-inspired love, and to wear my presence as an ambassadorial representative rather than a one man band.

No comments:

Post a Comment