Monday, November 23, 2009

Heart Rending Cries

Why is it that I have heard many children's cries, yet the one that gets me most is the one who calls out "Luvie"? Is it because she is called by the name I have chosen, and calls me that name in turn when she needs my aide?
Today I felt unmerciful toward a staff member who was frustrated and somehow hurt her. Once my "Luvie" started to cry in that infantile voice, my co-worker reprimanded her and said that it couldn't have hurt that bad. Luvie called out "Luvie" to me which put me on high alert and made my co-worker state that I wasn't going to help her. (She always says this when children cry for me, so what does that say about her, the children or myself? Hmmmm I am beginning to wonder!!) My initial thought was "NEVER tell a child in my care that I am not going to help them!" You better believe I was going to help her! After debating a moment about over-riding my co-worker, and after hearing the continued pleas for "Luvie" and knowing the confused and hurt heart from whence it came, I scooped her up, as you would have done had you been there, asked her to help me get my snow clothes, and held her close.
Knowing GOD loves me infinitely more than I could possibly love this child makes me secure in the knowledge that ANY tear or pain or turmoil or sorrow I face will be heard, will be attended to, and that I will be loved with an everlasting love!! How blessed is that? My Luvie could be in her native land, but instead, GOD chose to bring her and myself together at this time, just so He could help me catch yet another of Heaven's glimpses.

II Chronicles 7:14 "If my people, who are called by my name humble themselves and pray, and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. Now My eyes shall be open and My ears attentive to the prayer offered in this place."

No comments:

Post a Comment