Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Short End of the Scarf


My little Luvie was dressed and ready to go outside, standing at her cubby and watching me put on my own winter ensemble. As I wrapped my neck and face in my large wrap, she took a few quiet steps forward, pointed to my scarf and said, "warm". She remembered that she had borrowed this scarf during the first winter freeze. I asked her if she would like to share. She smiled and nodded. I wrapped my scarf around her head and face, leaving the little eye peeks for her, and then wrapped her scarf around my neck. She smiled and said "sharing". Doesn't that just melt your heart?
My co-worker thought it wasn't very advantageous of me, siting that I had the short end of the scarf, but warmth can come from many sources, and a child's happiness, trust and appreciation could melt polar ice caps in my world!

No comments:

Post a Comment