Sunday, April 24, 2011

Resurrection Sunday 2011

What a glorious sunrise service I had this morning!

First off, I was not expecting to see sun.
Secondly, I had something I wanted to communicate to GOD.
Thirdly, I was overwhelmed by what He communicated to me.

This was my first image of the morning:
Hymns and verses came up from my heart and out into this Arctic spring morning, all of them with the common theme of the cross, the resurrection, faithfulness, adoration, solid hymns of my faith like Great is Thy Faithfulness, At the Cross, All Glory, Laud and Honour, and One Day.

1.One day when heaven was filled with His praises,
One day when sin was as black as could be,
Jesus came forth to be born of a virgin—
Dwelt among men, my example is He!
◦Living, He loved me; dying, He saved me;
Buried, He carried my sins far away;
Rising, He justified freely forever:
One day He's coming—O glorious day!
2.One day they led Him up Calvary's mountain,
One day they nailed Him to die on the tree;
Suffering anguish, despised and rejected;
Bearing our sins, my Redeemer is He.
3.One day they left Him alone in the garden,
One day He rested, from suffering free;
Angels came down o'er His tomb to keep vigil;
Hope of the hopeless, my Savior is He.
4.One day the grave could conceal Him no longer,
One day the stone rolled away from the door;
Then He arose, over death He had conquered;
Now is ascended, my Lord evermore.
5.One day the trumpet will sound for His coming,
One day the skies with His glory will shine;
Wonderful day, my beloved ones bringing;
Glorious Savior, this Jesus is mine!

As I watched the clouds and light shift each moment, GOD's promises flooded through my mind.
  • The sun never fails to shine; however, there are objects which frequently block it from our sight. It does not diminish the sun's purpose, but it's presence is not as keenly felt. 
  • Just as the sun rises each morning, with little thought from us, so too does GOD's presence fill each day, often with little thought from us.  
  • There were small clouds that displayed rainbow colours, reminding me that GOD has made a covenant of compassion with us.
Lamentations 3:21-25 says
"This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope.
The Lord's lovingkindness indeed never ceases, for His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning: Great is Thy faithfulness.
'The Lord is my portion', says my soul, 'therefore I have hope in Him'.
The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the person who seeks Him."

The life of Jesus from birth to death to resurrection truly is unfathomable in its scope. The truths I am able to distill are indeed marvelous. I am amazed and grateful to think of His sacrifice for me and you. When I think of my own heart, I have never displayed any semblance of love and selflessess on behalf of another when contrasted with the purity of GOD's ultimate gift toward us. Learning to love like Jesus is not a human ability; rather it takes the Divine indwelling to prompt and prick this former heart of dust that has been made righteous through the ultimate act of love and selflessness. As in the parable, because I have been forgiven much, I have no reason not to forgive others. As in the song above, Jesus "dwelt among men, my example to be".

This picture took my breath away as I saw the imagery of Jesus being the LIGHT, dying on the cross and bridging the gap between light and darkness, heaven and hell. I saw the sun beam reaching toward me, could feel its warmth and understood what GOD was trying to convey at that moment.

Just like Christmas, I am grateful that Easter is a 365 day a year celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment