Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hearing the Truth

Grace and Truth is one of my favourite websites, offering a banquet for spiritual hunger. www.graceandtruthbooks.com

Modern churches are leaving me with a feeling of anemia and insatiable hunger. With the items I have purchased from Grace and Truth, however, just a few sentences leave me at a standstill, eager to hear again and again the words of truth spoken so powerfully strong. No jokes, no funnies, no dilluted terminology. Pure words that serve as a perfect key in the lock of my heart, opening my soul to GOD in His holiness.

Currently I am listening to The Valley of Vision, narrated by Max McLean. It is a collection of Puritan Prayers and Devotions, a compilation of poems and writings written by men like John Bunyan who knew and experienced GOD in a closeness which we in all our pompous luxury and comfortable existence are insulated from.

I pray that my heart will be moved to love and adore my Creator who made me, and my Saviour who secured me to the creature GOD originally designed me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment