Thursday, April 21, 2011

Preparations

This week has been very thought provoking in preparation for Good Friday and Easter. The symbolisms and cultural contrasts have been very astonishing as I listen to my own thoughts and the conversations around me.

My Korean co-worker, whose church I attended last Sunday, really blessed me as I listened to her purposeful preparations for her heart as she looks forward to this coming Resurrection Sunday. She gave me a list of passages that she is working through each day, mirroring the last week of Christ's earthly life. As she translated each of the passages and topics per day, she choked up and overflowed with tears as she arrived at Friday, speaking of Christ's suffering and imploring me to fast as I think of His suffering so much on our behalf.

I am so grateful for her heart, for her encouragement, for her obvious love, adoration and devotion to our Saviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment