Sunday, May 22, 2011

An Afterthought of Challah

After writing about the littlest challah, I reflected back on my day to discover that there was not a single moment that I could look back on to discover the purpose of why GOD changed my plans. I could not think of any great contribution I made, any words of wisdom I imparted, any incidents where my character really shined as a beacon.

When you relinquish yourself to be used for GOD's purpose, it does not matter if you see the end result; rather, it is a matter of being faithful and trusting Him.

Today at work, I received a bit of feedback on yesterday which made me laugh! My supervisor was speaking to another supervisor about yesterday, saying how cranky and irritable she was. I immitated one of her moments (call it comedy relief) and finished by saying that I appreciated her honesty and willingness to admit her irritability followed by her moving on with a sense of humour. We all laughed, but my supervisor interrupted us to say that I had the audacitiy to close our day yesterday, thanking her for her patience with me when it was she who should have thanked me for patience.

Perhaps it was nothing, or perhaps it was just a gift of a glimpse; I don't know. What I do know is that I gave the whole portion willingly. Soli Deo Gloria.

No comments:

Post a Comment