Sunday, May 30, 2010

To the Seventh Generation

While driving in to work this last week, I prayed fervently to GOD. Like Hannah, I have yearned for children and have asked GOD to bless me with little ones who will in turn become a blessing. On this particular morning, I said that perhaps when I had previously prayed for children I had not made myself specifically clear. Yes, He has answered by bringing many hundreds of children into my life to bless and be blessed and for which I am grateful, but I really longed for little ones that were my sole responsibility, my life's work, my occupation.

I will continue to be on my knees with a translator who will transform my wept, salty words into glorious heavenly petitions. Here are some verses while I prepare the nursery of my heart.

"Oh LORD,
 all my longing is before you;
 My sighing is not hidden from you.
 My heart throbs,
My strength fails me,
The light of my eyes has also gone out from me.
But for you do I wait.
 It is you Oh Lord my GOD who will answer."


(This posting is dedicated to all the longed for children,
and for the mothers whose hearts are longing)

No comments:

Post a Comment