Sunday, May 30, 2010

Duke of Dogdem


I borrowed Duke from a co-worker to go on an excursionary walk. What delightful companionship once we got in stride with who was boss (definitely NOT him although he did make a valiant effort)
and where his place was (definitely NOT in front with my hyperextended arm and NOT under my feet).

Tethered to my side,
our feet running in sync,
enjoying a glorious day,
passing small goats in a yard,
sand pipers and gulls,
waterways, channels and falls,
a lagoon,
songbirds in chorus,
newly emerged leaves,
blue sky above,
Sleeping Lady shadowed in the distance,
waves lapping the shore,
interesting people,
myriads of pooches.

At our half way point,
we sat on a bench in silence,
his hot breath on my knee,
my hot hand on his head,
content with presence alone.
Pure delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment