Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hugging Thirty-two Degrees

This morning, I had the privilege of riding to work on two wheels instead of walking the Google-calculated two hours (They lied! I am an Olympic walker and it took forty-five minutes for just under a third of the way). As I breezed along with slightly less effort than the hurried trot walk from previous days, my fingers lost consciousness, and shortly thereafter, my toes followed suit. Due to the darkness, I was unaware until later in the dawn's light journey that the ground was covered in frost; thus my frozen state from embracing thirty-two degrees of cold air with every pedal stroke!

Eventually, that means preferrably sooner than later, I will be able to procure the neccessary accoutrements for rain, snow, sleet, dark, danger, rear view, and some sort of weather proof carrying container in case I should need to stop off at the store for much desired ice-cream without having it melt on the way home. Wait a minute.....Scratch that!.......Guess there is no need to worry about the melting aspect when you are neighbor's with St. Nicholaus!

The ride home this evening was three minutes shorter than the ride to work. I was stopped at a railroad crossing and discovered that the rail cars were covered in Sherwin Williams paint, blue something or other code number and black something or other code number. I also was educated that they have 2 inch HF disc something or others (apparantly, my retention isn't that great when I am feeling hungry, cold and over-worked). Just a little beyond the train tracks, I passed a man who commented on my nice donkey. I assume he meant the men's Cannondale bike upon which I was riding, albeit slightly to large for me, and seeing clearly that there was no Poitou donkey in my vicinity.

I don't know.....Do you see a resemblance?


No comments:

Post a Comment