Friday, September 10, 2010

Fezzik the Giant

I LOVE SPIDERS (in there proper element of course). HOWEVER..............There is something essentially creepy to me about having the spider facing toward me from the inside of its web. I rearranged garden pots, cleaning them and preparing them for next season when I ran across many spiders from every tongue and nation One minute I was speaking with an oriental flare, trying to shoosh the creature away, while the next minute I was speaking with gutteral clicks and clacks, encouraging the arachnid to find a more suitable home. This photo is of Fezzik (the giant in Princess Bride), facing toward me from behind a veil of guaze and stanchly determined to stand his ground. I tried to coax him off, introduced myself in as many languages as I knew. All he did was tear a hole with his front two legs and dangle them outside his protective sheath like a newly wakened child standing at the side of his crib. I wasn't sure if he was going to hop out, fly out or slither snake-like up my arm. I decided that he was not my favourite; therefore I jogged his memory by snapping the pot top on the ground to shake him off. He slithered out, all right, but clung to the side of the pot. As determined as he was to keep his home, I handed him my business card that stated simply "World Wide Web Relocation Services" with a picture of me holding up a shoe. He decided to relocate himself. Atta Boy!!
I would hate for him to die embarrassed!

No comments:

Post a Comment