Thursday, July 22, 2010

Make No Moosestake!

What decadent culinary deliciousness!
Although that sentence may seem a redundancy, believe me; it is not!!

What I refer to is a simple matter of beef stroganoff, and yet, it simply is not beef stroganoff. First I started with browned moose steaks cut into ribbons, sauteed portabello mushrooms, leeks, garlic, salt, beef broth reduction, whole grain Grey Poupon mustard and thick sour cream. All this baked in a low oven for two hours while the house filled with the delightful and amazing aroma!

Oh joyous senses! What mouth-watering succulence as I ate the 'near' stroganoff over a bed of Montebello pasta (produced in Isola del Piano, Italy since 1388)!

The flavour and aroma were positively memorable! I defy that even the Italians would be hard pressed to create such exqusite shoe leather!!

No comments:

Post a Comment