Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Under the Veiled Moonlight

During my midnight bike ride home last night, the moon was veiled behind a gauzey mist of clouds which turned the otherwise black sky into a glorious true midnight blue. Despite the 'negatives' that accompany a night time bike ride, once I get my rhythm in stride I love the fresh frozen air, the variegated sky, the alone time of sweet communion with GOD and all that He teaches me in that commute.

This autumn has been so clear and crisp that the stars are great giants; I have called them 'pinholes in the floorboards of Heaven'! Those moments of concealed darkness reveal GOD's presence and face turned upon me. Safety, adoration, goodness, blessings and withholdings and much more come tumbling from the fountain of my heart. GOD has been good to me.

The few times it has rained, it has done so during the night, or during my work shift and subsequetly dried before my bike ride which has kept me dry in the absence of rain gear.

Winter is so beautiful and I am looking forward to it with eager anticipation. However, snow is late in its arrival again this year while I make arrangements to coordinate the retrieval of my winter woolens.

While I love to see moose, I have specifically asked GOD to withhold them while I bike. Not one has crossed my path. There is a forested area along my route that is a favourite for moose and one which my most fervent prayers and petitions are never ceasing. So far to date GOD has sent at least one motor vehicle, in what I have called my 'mechanical angels' to prepare the way before me! I thank GOD every day for these, and smile in amusement that He has given me a tangible view of His protecting hand.

This week, while beginning evening shift, He brought the moon on its way to its full figure, to light the night and make it more cheerful.

There are so many ways that GOD has been good to me; these are but a few of my night time blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment