Wednesday, September 5, 2012

...and then I saw Providence

Last night around 10:30, the electricity went M.I.A. and remains missing to this very moment. It was a tremendous windstorm that spirited the current out of the city's electrical veins, taking down trees, removing fences, and crippling businesses. Work was an extra enormous effort today, but thankfully all worked out without detrimental issues.

What was amazing today was the incredible moon and starlight for a few brief moments as the winds offered a glimpse through the clouds to the floorboards of heaven. Within minutes, the same wind pushed the cloudy blanket over the city, leaving us in darkness.

My ride to work was very black. No street light, house light or stop light sat vigil. I realized the allegory God was teaching me. He was showing that He intended me to be the light in darkness, even in a sometimes hostile work place, a thankless job, the never ending flow of demands and unkindness.

Further along on my drive, I observed the information / help assistance poles lit up by a royal blue light, offering a chance for passers by to stop and call for help. This too is something God gives us each day. A beacon in this dark world to offer hope and light and help to get through. A reminder that we are not alone yet must ask and want the guidance offered.

By this time in my drive, I was rather choked up by the clear message and the inner yielding that for whatever reason, God does have me at this job for His glory, not my own.

My last leg of the journey to work left me in tears. Just ahead a half a mile in blazing lights, I saw my destination lit up with power from it's own power plant. On the top was a bright blue light in the shape of a cross followed by the words PROVIDENCE.

He chooses us. He calls us. He enables us. He is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment