Sunday, February 20, 2011

Two Months Ago...

Just befor Christmas, I wrote my last entry. Although sixty days have elapsed, I have no way to capture each moment that seemed significant, but here are some of my highlights:
  • The smiley face of the golden moon boomeranging the horizon.
  • The lengthening of daylight each day
  • Amber sunshine spotlighting the land and skyscape
  • Sunrises and sunsets in every shade from liquid gold to crimson
  • A big Chevy truck to at my disposal
  • Sad moments that brought teachable lessons
  • Unexpected joys
  • Unkindness that gave pause for thought
  • Kindness of people
  • Snow flakes, in all sizes, patterns and shapes
  • A shy cat learning to trust me
There were so many times that I wanted to leave a detailed post of something or other, but sometimes I get so tied up with service and meeting needs that I can't squeeze another grain of sand on the seashore of my days. Moments came and went that were treasured, others more forgetable either due to my own thoughts and actions or others actions.

Nevertheless, I wish to say that I am always grateful for GOD's provision, His goodness and mercy, His presence and faithfulness, His reminders to draw near to Him and long for something greater than this world offers!

1. Jesus, keep me near the cross;

there a precious fountain,
free to all, a healing stream,
flows from Calvary's mountain.

Refrain:
In the cross, in the cross,
be my glory ever,
till my raptured soul shall find
rest beyond the river.

2. Near the cross, a trembling soul,
love and mercy found me;
there the bright and morning star
sheds its beams around me.
(Refrain)

3. Near the cross! O Lamb of God,
bring its scenes before me;
help me walk from day to day
with its shadow o'er me.
(Refrain)

4. Near the cross I'll watch and wait,
hoping, trusting ever,
till I reach the golden strand
just beyond the river.
(Refrain)

No comments:

Post a Comment